Friday, January 24, 2014

Hi!  I'm Elvy. Welcome to my new blog.

This is a big part of my sl journey that I want to share with you. but i won't be the only one posting on here.  See, i asked my friends Alika and Paystreak to blog with me so sometimes they'll post stuff too!

Here's a little bit of background to get to know me.

I came to SL (that's Second Life) over a year ago.  An online friend had mentioned it a year before...yeah i know! a year to think about it before joining... but eventually i joined out of curiosity.  For 2 weeks I roamed SL with terribly messed up graphics and very little in the way of help.  I was greeted by a nice guy named Rocko who gave me a tiny bit of help... the first kind soul in a completely alien virtual reality.... I was too confused to retain his full name and didn't know how to save landmarks.  Blinded by a landscape of gigantic pink and purple blocks (that's how bad my graphics were) and the occasional basic landscape when one did load I tried exploring a bit.  I thought about quitting a lot but....something.... kept me coming back.... and I found Freebie Galaxy.... everyone ends up at FG at some point if they explore SL... there i found a 2nd good samaritan in the form of a Vampire King who warned me about bites and told me about the garlic necklace... armed with the only thing i knew: doing searches, i looked for info on the garlic and found those who preach by it.  I sent a msg and got sent one with instructions.  I'd already found one poor soul of a newly bitten avi who had asked me if i would let him bite me.... and i had refused.  it was lucky of me that it was not one of those who know what they are doing and prey on noobs that i had met... he went on his way and did not bother me...i now wonder what became of that one who was one of so many avi's who get bitten early on and not told what they get into (bloodlines)...left to fend for themselves and learn on their own (struggle would be more accurate)
i found a club i liked (closed now) and hung around there until someone made an alt and griefed it and all noobs were blocked from going.  in a way it pushed me to search for noobie friendly places and 2 weeks into my SL experience I found Noobia.

What happens after that is that my entire SL experience changed. It improved ten folds and became my home.  I found I belonged there, in Noobia.  The place and the people that made/make Noobia what it is are difficult to explain if you haven't been there.  The people are amazing (unless you're a liar and a trouble maker) and somehow Noobia has become a special place where the more time you spend there the more you find yourself.  It is beyond a virtual world.

So my journey in Noobia began with meeting Sandy along with a couple of the residents who lived there at the time.  Sandy, although I didnt know it at the time, is Noobia's owner.  We became fast friends confiding in each other and she helped me with so much that I could never hope to repay her for it all, including rescuing me from terrible graphics!

the rest i will explain later as time passes but eventually i was asked to become staff... and accepted... how could i refuse to help people when i'd been helped so much and i love to help anyway??

my Noobia journey began...

No comments:

Post a Comment